Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil (2tsp)
(6) cloves of garlic finely chopped (I just do 3 scoops from a jar if I don’t have fresh garlic)
Yellow Onion (1) small and diced
Half and Half (1 3/4 cups)
Baby spinach (3 cups)
Parmesan (1 cup)
Parsley (1 tbsp.)
Cornstarch (1 tsp) + water (1 tbsp.) mixture if you need to thicken the sauce
*Rice or Pasta as base*
Can add in:
dry white wine (1/3 cup)
sun dried tomatoes
& a personal favorite: balsamic after plated
1. Season salmon. Heat the oil in large pan over medium-high heat and sear salmon for about 5 minutes on each side (or until you are happy with it *I like my salmon a tiny bit crispy so I go a little longer)
2. Remove salmon from pan and set aside covered by tin foil
3. Melt the butter in the same pan – add in the garlic by itself for about one minute then add onion to fry + wine + sun dried tomatoes (if using)
4. Turn the heat to low and add the half and half. Bring to a simmer – stirring occasionally.
5. Add spinach leaves – wilt then add parmesan cheese. Allow to melt then add the cornstarch mixture if you need a thicker sauce
6. Add salmon back into the pan. Sprinkle parsley on top and top with balsamic if you’d like!
7. Serve over pasta or rice and enjoy!
This is an easy meal for Calihan also since he loves pasta, salmon, and cheese! I just add a fruit to the mix and it’s a nice dinner for him as well!